Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Very Simple Christmas

I love my Christmas decorating ideas this year!!!

Some of my homemade Christmas ideas combined with little money widens the gap even further, and in fact, makes the gap into a friend. And decorating my tree with store-bought decorations suddenly seems completely undesirable. (Even ones I already own.) Shiny balls from Wal-Mart and yes, even lovely Hallmark ornaments are out of place and out of my sync with my Christmas.




So I’m decorating my Christmas tree in dried oranges, garlands of popcorn and cranberries, mixed only with what ornaments I have that are handmade and/or vintage family hand-me-downs.
Combined with the scent of the white pine tree, my house smells incredible.  I’ve been keeping busy this week, a little at a time between work and life, prepping ornaments. It’s quite a production!





No comments:

Post a Comment